Preparing Your Home For a Photoshoot
The photo shoot will take 2-3 hours. I will be photographing both the inside and outside of your home. I’ll be photographing all the major rooms. We normally do not photograph the garage unless it has special features.
- If you have special features of your home that are not obvious please let me know about these so I can include them in the shoot.
- Contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
- Remove all vehicles from driveway and do not park directly in front of the house.
- Move garbage cans and recycling bins out of sight.
- Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
- Cut, edge and rake lawn. Trim bushes and trees and remove dead limbs and debris.
- Sweep or wash driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Clear off counter tops in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator.
- Turn on all interior lights.
- Turn ceiling fans and televisions off.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished. They do not photograph well.
- Make all beds and tidy bedrooms. Clothes hung or folded and put away.
- Remove piles of newspapers and magazines.
- Tuck trash cans out of view in a closet or cupboard.
- Let me know if your home contains valuable works of art. I can edit photos to make these items unrecognizable.